Job Code: 23/025
Job offer from April 20, 2023
The Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics in Garching offers within the division Tokamak Scenario Development (E1) at the tokamak ASDEX Upgrade a position for a Senior Engineer (m/f/d) with focus on mechanical design and construction tasks.
- Upgrading and optimization of mechanical components for fusion devices
- Dimensioning of components with high electro-mechanical and thermal loads by means of finite element method (available tool Ansys)
- Construction of components and diagnostics
- Preparation of technical specifications and interfaces, and monitoring of fabrication
- Analysis of requirements and operational conditions
- Completed studies (university, master's degree) in engineering, specializing in mechanical, electrical or nuclear engineering, doctorate desirable but not a prerequisite
- Experience with design and construction of mechanical components
- Knowledge of fusion technology or aerospace technology
- Experience with industrial grade scientific projects
- Ability to fluently present complex scientific and technical matters in German and English
- Enthusiasm to work in science
- Willingness to join an international team
- An interesting job at one of the world's leading institutes for plasma and fusion research
- Individual working hours within the framework of a flextime system
- A family-friendly, collegial working environment and a secure job
- Regular opportunities for further education and training
- Additional social benefits (company pension scheme, capital-forming benefits, discounted public transport tickets, family service, company sports, discounted holiday flats)
- Direct connection to the underground and free parking on the institute grounds
The IPP seeks to increase the proportion of employed women in those areas where they are underrepresented and explicitly encourages women to apply for this position. The IPP is committed to employing more disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
For information on data protection and the handling of your personal data please visit our website.