Job Code: 22/060
Job offer from September 16, 2022
The Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics in Garching offers within the division ,Numerical Methods of Plasma Physics' (NMPP) a position for a postdoctoral physicist, mathematician or computer scientist (m/f/d).
The work will be performed within the EUROfusion-project E-TASC (Theory and Advanced Simulation Coordination).
- Development and optimization of numerical and data-intensive computer applications on high-performance computers
- Development and implementation of numerical algorithms as e.g. efficient multigrid solvers
- User support for the efficient usage of high-performance computers
- Publication and communication of scientific results
- PhD in physics, mathematics or computational sciences
- Several years of experience in the development and implementation of numerical algorithms on massive-parallel high-performance computers
- Profound experience in the design of large scientific codes and programming techniques
- Full proficiency in high level programming languages like e.g. Fortran 90/95 and C++
- A logical approach to problem solving, good time management, and task prioritization skills
- Good command of the English language, written and spoken
- An interesting job working on one of the largest scientific projects
- Flexible working hours
- Training and further education opportunities
- Company pension scheme
- Family service & childcare facilities on the company premises
- Other social benefits (e.g. capital-forming benefits, discounted public transport tickets)
The IPP seeks to increase the proportion of employed women in those areas where they are underrepresented and explicitly encourages women to apply for this position. The IPP is committed to employing more disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
For information on data protection and the handling of your personal data please visit our website.