Training in the scientific sector
At IPP talented, young scientists are being specially trained and furthered.
IPP is dedicated to training outstanding young scientists, from providing student jobs, trainee student positions and practicals for undergraduates, then the allocation and supervision of bachelor, master and PhD theses, to the presentation of comprehensive courses of graduate study with seminars, colloquia and study visits abroad and with support for lectureship theses.
- The „International Helmholtz Graduate School for Plasma Physics“ (HEPP) organised by IPP together with Technical University Munich and Ernst-Moritz-Arndt-University Greifswald offers a PhD course in plasma physics and fusion research in Garching and Greifswald.
- IPP Summer University for Plasma Physics, a one-week vacation course for European undergraduates and graduates in physics, takes place annually.
- IPP is involved in a European network providing in the context of the Erasmus Mundus Programme a two-year, multinational training programme for obtaining a European Master in Nuclear Fusion Science and Engineering Physics. This qualification is recognized in Belgium, France, Germany, Spain and Sweden.
- IPP at Garching and Greifswald is one of the partners of the new International Doctoral College in Fusion Science and Engineering (Fusion DC) under the auspices of Erasmus Mundus, the European programme to promote training schemes.
- IPP is a Member of the European Fusion Education Network (FUSENET) for coordinating training in fusion research and technology throughout Europe.