Frequently asked questions
Answers to the ten most frequently asked questions
- Why is fusion for deriving energy not yet feasible?
- What is the status of fusion research? What physical and technological problems have still to be solved?
- Are fusion power plants not coming too late?
- How large will a fusion power plant be?
- How are temperatures of 100 million degrees attained?
- How hot will be the wall in a fusion power plant?
- What will fusion power cost?
- Are accidents as in Chernobyl and Fukushima possible in fusion power plants?
- Does fusion involve radioactive waste?
- What is “cold fusion”?