Numerical Methods in Plasma Physics
Established in 2012, the Division is developing new computational methods for fusion research.
This includes numerical methods describing the complex plasma behaviour, fast software for high performance computers and visualisation methods for the large quantities of data involved.
The division comprises six working groups:
- Kinetic and gyrokinetic models
Katharina Kormann (Phone: 3604)
- Magnetohydrodynamics (MHD)
Florian Hindenlang (Phone: 1083)
- Geometric and structure preserving methods
Omar Maj (Phone: 2194)
- Plasma-material modeling and foundations (PMMF)
Udo von Toussaint (Phone: 1817)
- Zonal flows and structure formation in turbulent plasmas
Klaus Hallatschek (Phone: 1391)
- Advanced Computing Hub (ACH)
Roman Hatzky (Phone: 1707)