11th International Workshop on Hydrogen Isotopes in Fusion Reactor Materials
Scope and Topics
This workshop is a satellite meeting of the 20th International Conference on Plasma Surface Interactions (PSI-20), which will be held in Aachen, Germany, in the preceding week.
It follows the tradition of the series of the last ten International Workshops on Hydrogen Isotopes in Fusion Reactor Materials (H-Workshop) that were organised as satellite workshops to PSI conferences.
As its predecessors it is intended as a platform for experts in the field to present and discuss the latest scientific results. To fulfill its scope as a workshop ample time for discussion will be foreseen.
The workshop will focus on experiments and modeling of hydrogen isotope interactions with plasma-facing materials with particular emphasis on fuel inventory and the development of tritium removal techniques.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Hydrogen isotope recycling, migration, retention, and release from plasma-facing materials and co-deposited layers
- Influence of plasma impurities and seeded impurities on fuel retention
- Influence of neutron damage on hydrogen retention in materials
Materials of interest are:
- ITER Material Mix: Be/C/W
- Advanced materials and low-activation steels relevant for DEMO