High heat flux test facility GLADIS
The GLADIS (Garching LArge DIvertor Sample test facility) high heat flux test facility is used to investigate the behaviour of components under extreme thermal load.
The test facility is equipped with two hydrogen ion sources of 1 MW each. In the vacuum chamber the tested parts are loaded with power densities of 5 - 45 MW/m². Samples with sizes from a few cm to 1 - 2 m length can be loaded and characterised.
- power: 2 x max. 1.1 MW
- heat flux: 1 - 45 MW/m²
- pulse length: 1 ms - 45 s
- repetition rate: ~ 100 /h
- base pressure: < 1·10-6 mbar
- dimensions: diameter: 1.5 m, length: 4.5 m
- cooling water temperature: 20 - 230 °C
- flow rate: < 8.5 l/s
- static pressure: < 4.0 MPa
- Surface temperature measurement with infrared camera, pyrometers up to 3500°C
- CCD camera
- residual gas analysis with mass spectrometer
- up to 40 data acquisition channels for thermo couples, strain gauges and more with a sampling frequency of 80 kHz